The 4-time IPL champion, under Captain Rohit Sharma, will look to retain the crown this season.
MI has arguably a solid top-order with the likes of Rohit, de Kock, Suryakumar and they have further amplified it by adding Lynn to their lineup. Also, the strong Indian core of Rohit, Hardik and Bumrah will be very vital in their campaign. MI also boasts a list of world-class all-rounders in Pandya brothers, mighty Pollard, Rutherford and Coulter-Nile in their middle order.
Without a prominent spin backup for Rahul and Krunal, MI will find themselves in mayhem if the duo doesn’t find the rhythm. Their pace bowling line boasts the likes of Bumrah, Boult, Nile and Pattinson, there is a lack of a proven Indian pacer. With Kulkarni being the other Indian option, more responsibility falls on Bumrah’s shoulder.
Trump card – Hardik Pandya
Be it batting or bowling, this guy has no bounds of his beast mode. When the MI ship finds itself off course, Pandya is the hurricane that could set it right. If he performs well, given others perform to their potential, MI can hope to defend the title.
Last season performance :
- Position – Winner
- Most runs – Quinton de Kock
- Most wickets – Jasprit Bumrah
- Batsmen – Rohit Sharma, Surya Kumar Yadav, Anmolpreet Singh,Chris Lynn, Mohsin Khan,Saurabh Tiwary
- Wicketkeeper – Ishan Kishan, Quinton de Kock, Aditya Tare
- Allrounders – Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Kieron Pollard, Sherfane Rutherford, Anukul Roy, Prince Balwant Rai Singh
- Bowlers – Jasprit Bumrah, Rahul Chahar, Jayant Yadav, Mitchell McClenaghan, Trent Boult, Dhawal Kulkarni, Nathan Coulter-Nile, James Pattinson, Digvijay Deshmukh
- Coach -MahelaJayawardene