The young Shreyas Iyer led Delhi team mentored by the experienced Ricky Ponting would be looking to capitalising on the mix of young and experienced player distribution in the squad.
DC has one of the strongest batting lineups this season. They also possess a brilliant spin attack which will come handy to the UAE conditions. They also have a good mix of experienced and youth players.
Lack of a good mix for pace attack, with Ishant out for a couple of matches, might leave DC in troubled waters. They also lag behind without stable and dependable all-rounders. DC might either be sacrificing their new ball or death over bowling with a starting-11 dilemma.
Trump card – Rishab Pant
The hard-hitting leftie will cause a heavy impact with his bat for DC, be it to set a target or during a chase. After MSD’s departure from white-ball cricket, Pant has to prove his mettle with 2 World T20s coming ahead. So Pant will be in his explosive which will help DC a lot.
Last season performance :
- Position – 3rd Position
- Most runs – Shikhar Dhawan
- Most wickets – Kagiso Rabada
- Batsmen – Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Prithvi Shaw, Shreyas Iyer, Daniel Sams, Shimron Hetmyer
- Wicketkeeper – Rishabh Pant, Alex Carey
- Allrounders – Axar Patel, Harshal Patel, Marcus Stoinis, Lalit Yadav
- Bowlers – Kagiso Rabada, Ishant Sharma, Keemo Paul, Avesh Khan, Mohit Sharma, Tushar Deshpande, Ravichandran Ashwin, Amit Mishra, Sandeep Lamichhane
- Coach – Ricky Ponting