Leicester City, the defending FA Cup Champions will set their sight on a top 4 finish at least this season after failing to qualify for two consecutive seasons! King Power Stadium is where Leicester City will play their home games, in front of 32,000 fans.
Brendan Rogers was appointed as the manager 2 years ago and since then he has won trophies and had a successful term till now. He had a 72%-win ratio in the 2019/20 season. In the pre – season friendlies, they have played 4 won 1 lost 2 and drawn 1. This is not a very good start to the season according to their head coach, but ‘we will come back soon said Brendan Rogers.
Tactics and Formation:
1. Rogers mostly uses the 4-1-4-1 formation. He likes to keep the possession , play passing football and make his way through the opposition’s blocks. He needs players who are good on the ball and players who can recover the ball. As such, he has been fortunate to have center backs such as
Johnny Evans, Calgar Soyuncu and the young lad Wesley Fofana, he has found the perfect instrument to play out from the back. The most important puzzle here in this team is the midfield where James Maddison, Wilfred Ndidi and Youri Tielemans have been exceptional and been not only giving assists but also scoring goals! On the wings they have Ayoze Perez on the right and Harvey Barnes on the left who always cut inside whenever there is space to create goal threats. Upfront there is never ageing Jamie Vardy and the new upcoming star Kelechi Ilhenacho who have been performing just well and are in a great form.
Although, Brendan Rogers has done an exemplary job at Leicester. They just need a good bench strength as compared to other so-called big clubs and bench strength is what will come in handy if they have to play in Europe next season. His another concern will be replacing the legend Jamie Vardy as he is 33 years old now. Even though Vardy is going strong and is the spearhead of the team, Rogers will need a proper backup to the striker who can help incase he gets injured.
New Signings and Departures :
As mentioned earlier, Rogers was in need of a striker and so Leicester has bought striker Patson Daka from RB Salzburg for a fee around 23 million. They also purchased left-back Ryan Bertrand following his departure from Southampton. They also bought Boubakary Soumare from Lille for a transfer fee of around 20 million. On the other hand, Leicester have parted ways with Wes Morgan, Christian Fuchs and Matty James as their contracts were over.
Players to look out for:
- Jamie Vardy
- Spearhead of the team.
- Will score more than 20 goals.
- Age is not a thing of concern for him. Hardly gets injured. The main striker of the team.
- Also a great pick for FPL
- James Maddison
- The midfielder to watch out for
- Can not only give assists but score great goals too!
- Engine of the team
- Kasper Schmeichel
- The Captain and the main no.1 goalkeeper of the team.
- Had a great euros tournament, expect to see amazing saves too.
- Can save penalties at crucial moments
So, where do u think Leicester City will finish this season!?
Will they finally get a top-4 finish this season?