Premier League is almost back and so is The Fantasy Premier League (FPL). Scoring points on FPL is not easy as it seems. Building a team requires one to consider various factors. However, if one manages to build a strong team choosing the right captain is the key for gaining higher ranks. One has to look upon various criteria for selection of the captain. For example: Current form of the player, past performances, most points in FPL etc. Considering those factors here are top 5 picks for captains in FPL for the upcoming season:-
1) Harry Kane: By ending the previous season with most assists and goals Harry Kane is one of the top contenders for FPL captain. Even though it is unlikely for Harry Kane to stay with Tottenham this season, Kane will be as deadly as he has been in the past few seasons. His most likely destination still lies in the Premier League. Kane managed to bag in 242 points last season. It is not going to be a surprise if Kane surpasses his previous tally this season.
2) Bruno Fernandes: Portuguese mid fielder got the highest FPL points last season. With 244 points Bruno was the standout player in FPL last season. Without Bruno one cannot complete his or her FPL squad. Deadly from the spot, lies at the heart of creating chances and always in the starting line-up Bruno will be crucial once again for FPL players. Creating or scoring goals this Portuguese maestro is able to pull it out every single time. With 18 goals and 12 assists Bruno Fernandes will be looking to surpass his previous season tally.
3) Kevin De Bruyne: The Belgian mid fielder is in his prime years. De Bruyne is considered as the best midfielder in the world. Even though he didn’t perform as well as he should have, KDB will be looking to kick off his goal and assist count from Day 1. With 141 points De Bruyne is not going to be backed by a lot of players. Yet, as the season progresses De Bruyne is going to be a player who can turnaround any teams fortune. On the basis of previous season De Bruyne’s quality is not meant to be underestimated.
4) Mohamed Salah: often termed as The Egyptian King Salah has taken the Premier League by storm. A deadly finisher with a clear vision of players around him makes him a must in FPL squad. Once again Salah will be at the centre of Liverpool’s attack with Firmino acting as a false 9 to give more room to Salah and Mane. Even though Liverpool’s season was disrupted with injuries Salah continued to be a pillar for his team. He and others carried Liverpool to Champions League spot finish. With the return of Liverpool’s star defenders Salah will have more freedom in attack than last season.
5) Patrick Bamford: probably a surprising name for a lot of FPL players, Bamford has been the most consistent player in the Premier League. Marcelo Bielsa has transformed Leeds into a Herculean giant. The English striker managed to score 17 goals and provided 7 assists. Bamford has proven to be a cheap but reliable option in FPL. For those who failed to secure top players in the squad, Bamford can prove to be as effective as others.