After 21 years of playing for FC Barcelona, Leo Messi is finally not a Barca player anymore after the shocking event of not being able to renew his contract with Barca due to the financial rules of La Liga. The real question would be this: Would Messi fit into the PSG squad? Let’s find out
Being a very financially strong team, it is no doubt that PSG has many of the outstanding players in the world. Moreover, they gave a stunning impact to this season’s transfer market by signing Georginio Wijnaldum, Achraf Hakimi, Gianluigi Donnarumma, Sergio Ramos, and is almost set with a contract with LIONEL MESSI this season. Football fans all over the world are hyped about the new trio which would be the best in the football world pretty obviously, or at least that’s what they say. The Neymar-Mbappe-Messi trio. But we all agree on one fact: It’s Messi, He isn’t a random baller, Messi can have very much a vast amount of roles in the team and as a result, he can/may play in multiple positions and roles according to the manager, Pochettino.
- Messi can be an Attacking Midfielder, who can create the whole game for the forward lane, and even score goals; Like his previous season in Barcelona.
- He can even be the Right Winger, with Ney and Mbappe who can take more runs into the box, but his decreasing capabilities along with age makes it a bit “un-ideal”.
- He can even be the Right Midfielder in a 4-2-3-1, almost like the RWF, but it would end up with the same situations mentioned in the previous point.
- The Center Forward position seems legit for Messi along with Mbappe and Neymar in either wing, It can result in the great link-up play in the forward lane.
- False 9, is the legendary position that Messi has mastered. Messi would be deployed as a CF but would constantly bother the opposition defence which can result in the birth of more dribbles into the box, More assists, and even more goals
But it all comes down to the manager. Messi is all-in-one and almost every set piece would be shared between Neymar and Him. The CF and False 9(SS) role is the one that has a better probability to be deployed for Messi.
But would Mbappe leave PSG? Messi would fill the gap of Mbappe if he leaves PSG. Mbappe told the media that he won’t be renewing his contract with PSG, which leaves him as a free agent in 2022, with teams like Real Madrid hunting for him. Real had left that objective when the PSG club president had announced Mbappe won’t be sold this season. But things took a thrilling twist and now sources say Mbappe is off to Real if and only if Messi is going to PSG. But it’s still considered as “Rumours”. Mbappe’s role won’t be affected if Messi joins as Mbappe is a vital part of the team, but at the end of the day, it all comes down back to the coach.