The Men in Blue are killing it at the New Zealand tour of India. They started off with a win for the Rohit-Dravid combo. They won the 1st match against NZ by 5 wickets on 17th November 2021. The best players during the first match are as follows-
- Suryakumar Yadav: Suryakumar Yadav made his top-notch debut against Delhi during the 2010-11 Ranji season. He had an incredible beginning to his profession as he top-scored for Mumbai with a total of 73 runs and was the only player to score a fifty in Mumbai’s first innings. From that point forward, he has been a normal individual from the side and has scored sensibly well in each season. His performance was phenomenal during the match where he scored a whopping 62 runs including 3 sixes, which makes him the highest run-scorer from India. He was given the title of Player of the Match.
- Rohit Sharma: Talent – a clearly delighting term that has chased after Rohit Sharma like a shadow; even spooky him now and again. India’s right-handed opener, one who set up a good foundation for himself a little late his profession at the highest point of the request, has turned into an indispensable machine gear-piece in India’s restricted overs set-up. He scored 48 runs during the match and is currently the captain of Team India and while it appears too early to be certain, he sure seems to be doing a good job as a captain so far.
The second match against NZ took place on 19th November 2021 and once again India won with flying colours with 7 wickets. Two matches are too little an example size to pass judgment, and it helps that they’ve bowled with a drier ball, yet life has without a doubt come a round trip for both Ashwin and Axar. The top scorers of the match are as follows-
- Harshal Patel: Harshal Patel made his first-class debut for Haryana against Delhi in 2011 and finished the season with 28 wickets from 7 games. He has played for teams such as Mumbai Indians, Royal Challengers Bangalore and Delhi Daredevils during IPL. In The course of the second match, he shone bright with figures of 2 for 25. Patel won the Man of the Match award which is a huge deal especially since this was his debut match!
- KL Rahul: KL Rahul is among the most profoundly appraised opening batsmen in India’s next generation. He is also the current Vice-Captain of the Indian National Cricket team in T20Is. There’s no doubt that Rahul can keep a wicket during a crisis, which makes him such a good batsman. He scored a massive number of 65 runs, which makes him the leading run-scorer of this match.
- Rohit Sharma: Sharma gives us another stunning performance in this match. He scored 55 runs including 5 sixes! He truly is on fire during this test series and I hope it continues to stay so.
After a disappointing performance at the Super 12, our men are definitely making us proud during this New Zealand tour of India. Let’s hope that they continue their winning streak!